Monday, April 26, 2010

March and April

Long time, no see...
But there were lots of changes (status change, name change, ID change, address change etc)
Nevertheless, we did go out to find „stuff” worth telling.

In no particular order (mostly because I don’t remember when everything happened), the places we went are:

- We saw Ivan Turbinca at the National Theatre from Bucharest. I kind of liked this childish play, with its music, dances, choreography but I was a little disappointed on the size of the location. I went there expecting this huge room only to find a slightly bigger place than the Odeon Theatre. (I think I’m going to rate it 7/10)

- On the same night we found Dharma Bar – a place in Old Center where all 10 of us could fit and perhaps even more. But don’t go there in the lower room: there’s no ventilation whatsoever and the air becomes quickly irrespirable. (It gets 6/10 at most)

- The highlight of the events that we’ve attended was Mozart Rocks: entertaining, dynamic, diverse on all ranges of music (and the fact that I’ve stayed three rows apart from the cute conductor Tiberiu Soare helped a lot :D). Not to mention that it was for a noble cause: helping abused children. I’m going to give a 10 to this event.

- The latest movie we saw was Un Prophete, a French prison movie. If you could resist the first half of the movie (because it’s really violent), then the rest is quite good. I liked especially the camera movements following different actors going through different stages. I’ll rate this 8/10.

- And, the finale: a not so cheap but OK food – sushi place: Zen Sushi. Situated somewhere in the sector 4 of Bucharest, you don’t need a reservation as the place is almost empty; don’t let yourself fooled by the size of the portions, a plate for two is more than enough. I will rate this one 8/10, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment